Funds Industry holds great potential in Cyprus
19 Oct 2015
The Cyprus Investment Funds Industry holds great potential for further development, much to the benefit of the local economy, attested Angelos Gregoriades at the Cyprus Funds Summit, held on October 9 at the Filoxenia Conference Centre.
Gregoriades, President of the Cyprus Investment Funds Association, noted that the event – which has attracted an impressive attendance of in excess of 380 local and international delegates – aims to update the gathered professionals on the developments within the industry, the work CIFA is currently engaged in and its prospects for the future.
Stressing the significance of the fund industry, the CIFA President revealed that, in addition to encouraging further cross-border investment into the island, it may also facilitate the creation of new jobs in the local market as it continues to grow, evidenced by the Impressive figure of newly recorded funds on the island.
Though the country’s regulatory environment is perceived to be both efficient and responsible by Fund managers, the Association is always open to suggestions for its improvement, both on a legal and fiscal basis, he added.
“For what has already been achieved in the expansion if the industry, I would like to express our appreciation for the Governments continued support and commitment to its development. With some 380 registered participants today, the interest into the local industry gives us much optimism as we continue to devote ourselves to its development,” he concluded.
The Cyprus Funds Summit, hosted a selection of speakers from Cyprus and abroad, who informed local delegates of the latest regulatory EU framework, identified the latest global trends and opportunities and explored various Investment Hubs, such as Cyprus.
The Summit was organized by The Cyprus Investment Funds Association (CIFA), endorsed by EFAMA and took place under the auspices of the Ministry of Finance and the Cyprus Investment Promotion Agency (CIPA). CPF was a proud gold sponsor of the event and was represented by members of top management.
Click here to see photos of the event.
- Alternative Investment Fund Managers (AIFMs)
- Cyprus Investment Funds: Gateway to the European Union and high-growth markets
- CIPA Fund Brochure
- CIFA Newsletter April 2018
- 2016-2017 CIFA Cyprus Investment Funds Guide
- Cyprus adopts law implementing AIMFD
- CIFA: Letβ€™s consider Islamic 'sukuk' bonds
- FATCA Notice
- Cyprus becomes equivalent jurisdiction to Cayman Islands
- Spotlight on Fund Formation
- Cyprus funds industry on the rise
- CPF awarded ISAE 3402 Type II Report for the period between May 2014 to April 2015
- CPF Fund Administration Services is proud to be a Gold Sponsor of the Cyprus Funds Summit.
- Cyprus can become the new funds jurisdiction
- Funds Industry holds great potential in Cyprus